|John Calvin created the false doctrine of Calvinism which has five points that make up the acronym TULIP:
The truth of the Bible says otherwise:
- T: Total depravity: People are so depraved that they cannot even make a choice to believe the gospel (no free will).
- U: Unconditional Election: God 'elected' or chose who goes to heaven and who goes to hell before the foundation of the word and people have no choice in the matter.
- L: Limited Atonement: Jesus didn't die for everybody, only those that were unconditionally elected.
- I: Irresistible Grace: God forces salvation on those he 'elects.'
- P: Perseverance of the Saints: Those who have been elected will lead a Godly life until the end.
- T: Genesis 2:16, Leviticus 1:3, Leviticus 22:18, Leviticus 22:21, Leviticus 22:23, Numbers 15:3, Ezra 3:5, Ezra 7:13, Romans 12:3, Revelation 22:17
- U: 2 Thessalonians 2:13,14, 1 Timothy 2:4, 2 Peter 3:9
- L: 1 Timothy 4:10, 2 Peter 3:9, 1 John 2:2, 1 John 4:14,15
- I: John 1:11, Acts 7:51
- P: Psalms 97:10, Romans 4:5, Ephesians 1:13, Ephesians 4:30, Jude 1:1
Article: Calvinists Do Not Know What "All" Means
- David M. Coe - Beth Haven Baptist Church - Morgantown, West Virginia
- Fred Phelps - Westboro Baptist Church - Topeka, Kansas